NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
The County Commissioners of Queen Anne’s County will conduct a Public Hearing to obtain the views of citizens on community, economic development, and housing needs to be considered for submission of an application to the Maryland Community Development Block Grant (CDBG). This proposal is to conduct a housing study to evaluate the needs of Queen Anne’s County citizens. Citizens will have the opportunity to discuss proposed projects and to provide input on other needs to be considered. The hearing will be held at the Liberty Building, at 107 N. Liberty Street, Centreville, MD 21617 at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 22, 2019. The draft application will be available for the public to review on October 15, 2019 at the Kramer Center, 104 Powell Street, Centreville, MD 21617 during normal business hours.
Citizens will be furnished with information including but not limited to:
- The amount of CDBG funds available for State Fiscal Year 2020;
- The range of activities that may be undertaken with CDBG funds; and
- The proposed projects under consideration by the County Commissioners of Queen Anne’s County.
The Maryland Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program is a federally funded program designed to assist governments with activities directed toward neighborhood and house revitalization, economic development, and improved community facilities and services. It is administered by the Department of Housing and Community Development.
The Maryland CDBG Program reflects the State’s economic and community development priorities and provides public funds for activities which meet one of the following national objectives, in accordance with the federal Housing Community Development Act of 1974, as amended, that:
- Benefit to low and moderate income persons and households;
- Aid in the prevention or elimination of slums or blight;
- Meet other community development needs of an urgent nature, or that are an immediate threat to community health and welfare.
Efforts will be made to accommodate the disabled and non-English speaking residents with five days advance notice to Tina Miles at (410) 758-4406.
The County Commissioners of Queen Anne’s County.