DHCS works hard to stay abreast of other resources that are available for people in need. You are welcome to download this file and put it to use. Remember our office is also available to help if you find additional resources if they are needed. After reviewing the document please let us know if there is a resource that should added or updated. If you have any questions our phone number is 410-758-3977.
General List of Resources
Opportunity Zones are a nationwide initiative administered by the U.S. Treasury created under the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. The Program provides federal tax incentives for investment in communities over the next 10 years.
The provision in the tax code allows investors to take advantage of big breaks on federal capital gains taxes by investing in small businesses and housing in lower-income communities.
The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development will administer the program with support from the Maryland Department of Commerce.
*Investors are encouraged to consult their Accountants and/or Attorneys for guidance.
Housing and Apartment Search Engines
- Emergency Rental Assistance Programs (Across Maryland) - MD DHCD
- Home Ownership Counseling - Maryland DHCD (Classes In-Person & Online)
- Foreclosure Prevention Services
- Housing for People with Disabilities
- 2018 Resource Guide to Public Behavioral (Mental) Health Services (PDF)