The accounting section seeks to effectively and efficiently account for Queen Anne's County's fiscal operations so that County personnel, taxpayers, and other stakeholders will have accurate and timely information to aid in decision-making processes.
- Maintain the County's books and records in accordance with provisions common to local governments.
- Prepare and publish the County's Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), in book form and on the County's website.
- Process the biweekly payroll for all County employees in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Review and pay all vendor invoices for goods and services provided to the County.
- Develop and implement County-wide financial policies and procedures, including financial and accounting control systems.
- Assist external audit firms by providing information needed by audit personnel to support the audit opinion.
- Provide guidance to County departments and staff in all accounting matters.
- Maintain and update capital asset records, including capital projects.
- Fiscal Year 2018 CAFR (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2017 CAFR (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2016 CAFR (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2015 CAFR (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2014 CAFR (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2013 CAFR (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2012 CAFR (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2011 CAFR (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2010 CAFR (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2009 CAFR (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2008 CAFR (PDF)