Current Transfer Station info, including hours, can be found at DPW’s Facebook page- click link below:
The Solid Waste Division utilizes a ticket book system for collection of residential waste from Queen Anne’s County residents and property owners. This program is designed as a user pay system whereby each time you visit one of our 5 transfers stations (Dumps) you must present a ticket book to enter and dispose of materials. This program was developed to provide an incentive for those who recycle more and reduce their waste stream.
Disposal Tickets & Guidelines
Each solid waste disposal ticket is good for 1 admittance into the transfer station. Additional tickets may be required for disposal of certain materials that you may bring into our centers for disposal.
The guidelines below should be followed to appropriately use the system:
- Ticket books can be used for residential waste only. No commercial or contractors can use the transfer stations for disposal of waste.
- Users must present the entire ticket book to a disposal attendant each time you visit a transfer station. The attendant will remove the correct number of tickets depending on your disposal needs.
- One ticket is required for each automobile, truck or trailer.
- A ticket is not required if you only drop off materials in an igloo, or if you drop off metal or cardboard.
- One additional ticket must be presented for disposal of each car tire or light truck tire. Only noncommercial tires will be accepted up to a maximum size of 17 inches and rims must be removed.
- Ten additional tickets must be presented for the disposal of each refrigerator or appliance containing
chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs). Examples of these types of appliances are:
- Air conditioners
- Water coolers
- Ticket books may only be purchased and used by residents and property owners of Queen Anne’s County.
- Residential solid waste disposal ticket books are available in a $55 book (as of 07/01/20) containing 15 tickets with no expiration date.
- Read the 2nd note on our Construction and Demolition Debris Exceptions Flyer (PDF) for more information.
- Info on Residential Trash Pickup Services (PDF)
Household Hazardous Waste, Latex Paint & Electronics Recycling Day
Once in the spring and once in the fall Maryland Environmental Service holds this event for mid shore county residents. It rotates locations between Queen Anne’s, Talbot, Kent and Caroline County. The next event will be on October 30, 2021, in Kent County, Nicholson Drop-Off Center, 23750 Larney Nick Road, Chestertown, MD 21620
Maryland Environmental Service
The Midshore Regional Recycling Program has transitioned over to the Maryland Environmental Service. Please contact 1-800-I-Recycle (1-800-473-2925) with recycling questions, concerns or compliments. Maryland Environmental Service