Rules / Policies
Policies for All Registrations:
- Advance registration for programs is required since most class sizes are limited. We will not accept registration by phone or at the class.
- Registrations are accepted on a “first come” basis.
- Age is determined by September 1 for league play. Children must play in their respective age group.
- We reserve the right to cancel or alter programs that don’t meet minimum registration requirements.
- Parents are to arrive five minutes before the program’s closing to pick up their child. Failure to do so could result in the child’s removal from the program.
- When there is a school closing, our programs are canceled. (This includes scheduled school closures and half days.) Special school meetings, activities or weather conditions may also be reasons for program cancellations. We (Recreation Staff or Vendor Instructor) will notify you of any cancellations and advise you of the make-up date.
- A 20% Administrative Fee will be charged for all participant initiated refund requests. If the department cancels the program, a full refund will be issued. Refunds will be issued in the manner that payment was received. To request a refund please email Steve Chandlee at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Indoor Inclement Weather Policy:
- WEEKDAYS: During the school year, if schools have been closed, all programs in schools are canceled. If schools are dismissed early, all evening programs are canceled.
- WEEKENDS: If the BOE cancels all weekend activities, our Recreation Programs are cancelled.
- NOTIFICATIONS: In the event a decision is made by the Recreation Manager/designee to cancel or delay the start of recreation programs
- Designee will notify the staff, coaches, etc.
- Designee will update the county hotline.
- A cancellation notice will be placed on Rainout Line and Facebook as soon as possible. For instant notifications sign up on Rainout Line and/or friend us on Facebook.
Outdoor Inclement Weather Policy:
- All play on park athletic fields is prohibited when:
- The field is deemed unplayable by parks and recreation staff
- The field is closed for renovation or repair
- Water is standing on the field
- ½ inch of rain or more has fallen within the previous 24 hours
- Soil is frozen
- Soil is wet and “spongy”
- The ground is muddy and soil clumps or clings to shoes
- Steady rain is falling
- A lightning/thunderstorm is occurring
- * Permit holders will be held financially responsible for any damages due to failure to suspend play when conditions worsen
Bus Trip Guidelines:
- Queen Anne’s County Department of Parks and Recreation reserves the right to cancel a trip due to insufficient registration. Registered participants will receive a full refund.
- A Queen Anne’s County Department of Parks and Recreation Waiver & Release form must be signed by every participant. If the participant is a minor, the form must be signed by a parent or guardian. All minors must be accompanied by an adult.