QAC County Department of Health Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Additional Doses and Boosters
The Queen Anne’s County Department of Health has updated guidance on who is eligible for an additional dose or booster of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Additional doses of Moderna or Pfizer Vaccine is considered for residents that have moderate immune compromise due to a medical condition or treatment.
People in this group include:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response (i.e., >20mg prednisone/day), alkylating agents, antimetabolites, transplant-related immunosuppressive drugs, chemotherapeutic agents classified as severely immunosuppressive, TNF blockers, and other biologic agents that are immunosuppressive
The Queen Anne’s County Health Department will schedule a third dose for individual who qualify under this guidance with a physician order or prescription. The third dose must be the same brand that you received during your initial vaccination. These additional doses cannot be given sooner than 28 days after your initial completion of vaccination.
Booster shots are available for those that received Pfizer during their initial vaccine series at least 6 months ago and:
- People 65 years and older and residents of long-term care settings,
- People aged 50-64 years with underlying medical conditions,
- People aged 18-49 years with underlying medical conditions based on their individual benefits and risks, and
- People aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting based on their individual risk.
Proof of initial vaccination. You can bring your COVID-19 Vaccination card or if it has been misplaced you can print out your immunization records after a short registration at https://myirmobile.com/
To schedule your initial COVID-19 vaccine, additional dose of Moderna or Pfizer or a booster of Pfizer, visit covidvax.maryland.gov and search by zip code 21617 and click on Health Departments, QAC Health Department “Schedule an Appointment”
For the latest information follow us on social media @QACDOH or @QACGOV or online qahealth.org or qaccovid.org