What has changed?
- Enhanced risk for tornadoes extended slightly farther north.
- Gale Watch upgraded to a Gale Warning
- Small northwest shift in heaviest rain amounts.
Event Summary from NWS
- The remnant low of Ida will pass through the region today and tonight. Excessive rainfall and severe thunderstorms, including tornadoes are the main threats with this system.
- Widespread rainfall of 2-5 inches is forecast, with locally higher amounts possible through predawn Thursday morning.
- Numerous instances of flash flooding are likely through predawn Thursday with some event possibly significant since the ground is saturated from recent heavy rain events.
- Strong to severe thunderstorms are anticipated, mainly across Delmarva, southern NJ and southeast PA. The main threats from any thunderstorms that develop will be tornadoes and damaging wind gusts. The most likely time frame for this is this afternoon and evening.
Make sure you are watching the weather forecast and paying attention to warnings. To sign up for our citizen alerts visit qacdes.org and click on the citizen alert button. https://member.everbridge.net/1332612387832222/login