QAC Goes Purple Kick Off Event in Centreville on September 1
Queen Anne’s County is going purple again this September. To kick off the month-long awareness campaign an event is planned for September 1 at 7:30 pm in front of the historic courthouse located in Centreville. Join us for giveaways and resources along with a vigil for those that have lost loved ones to addiction.
There are plenty of ways to get involved and help spread awareness in the community
- Display a FREE car adhesive.
- Get purple lights and turn for the month of September.
- Decorate your doors in purple.
- Send pictures of your house or businesses to the Chamber of Commerce.
- Wear our gear! The Chamber of Commerce has t-shirts, wrist bands, bumper stickers, book bags, purple lights and more.
- Talk with your kids about the dangers of misusing prescription painkillers.
- Talk with your kids about the Good Samaritan Law.
- Get trained on Narcan
QAC Goes Purple (QACGP) is an initiative from the Queen Anne's County Office of the Sheriff and Queen Anne's County Drug-Free Coalition, in partnership with The Opioid Intervention Team/QAC Department of Health, Queen Anne's County Public Schools the Queen Anne’s County Chamber of Commerce and Queen Anne's County Commissioners and Luminis Health. The substance use awareness and prevention program empower our youth and our community to ‘Go Purple’ as a sign of taking a stand against substance abuse.
For more information and to get involved follow us on social media @QACGoesPurple or visit www.QACGoesPurple.org