Tropical Storm Elsa Expected to Arrive Between 7-10 PM Tonight
The National Weather Service has released its final full update for Tropical Storm Elsa. Queen Anne’s County is currently under a Tropical Storm Warning and Flash Flood Watch.
Not much has changed since the last update:
- Most Likely Arrival: Thursday Evening Between 7:00 & 10:00 PM
- Primary Impacts:
- Heavy Rain fall Thursday Evening into Friday Early morning ~ Potential for 2-3” + in some areas
- Areas that are known to experience flooding from heavy rains may experience flash or residual flooding
- Moderate winds, Sustained winds for prolonged periods between 20-30 MPH ~ Potential for gusts up to 40 MPH
- Shoreline communities are likely to experience stronger winds than residents further inland.
Continue to monitor local weather forecasts and follow us on social @QACDES or @QACGOV for preparedness information and updates or qacdes.com