With the July 4th holiday falling on a Thursday this year, the Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA) anticipates heavy traffic volumes on the Bay Bridge starting Wednesday, July 3, through Sunday, July 7.
Weather permitting, the MDTA will utilize two-way traffic operations to help alleviate eastbound delays.
The MDTA offers the following travel tips for this holiday weekend:
Travel off-peak when heading to and from the Eastern Shore. The best times to travel the Bay Bridge this week include:
- Wednesday - before 9 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
- Thursday, 4th of July – before 6 a.m. and after 6 p.m.
- Friday – before 7 a.m. and after 7 p.m.
- Saturday – before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- Sunday– before 10 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
Continued here https://mdta.maryland.gov/…/mdta-n…/shorebound-fourth-july-1