The latest forecasts have predicted Florence will stay south of Maryland. We should avoid the brunt of the storm but still expect to experience flooding Friday through early next week. Please remember the following
- High winds are not expected in QAC for this storm
- MD has declared a State of Emergency but QAC has not
- No evacuation order has been issued in QAC
- We still run the risk of freshwater and tidal flooding Friday through next week
- If you need sandbags they can be purchased at the following locations.
Southern States, Centreville (410)758-1234
Price & Gannon, Centreville (410)758-0730
Rommel’s Hardware, Stevensville (410)643-7702
KI True Value, Chester (410)643-3500
- Best places to keep up to date on weather
- National Weather Service
- NOAA Weather Radio
- Cell Phone weather alerts
For information about severe weather and how to sign up for Queen Anne’s County Citizen Alerts visit the Queen Anne’s County Department of Emergency Services @www.qacdes.org or follow us on FaceBook @www.facebook.com/qacdes or on Twitter @QueenAnneEM.