QAC Free Laptop Program Offering FREE Chromebooks to Qualified Households
Queen Anne's County Free Laptop Program, designed to bridge the digital divide and promote digital equity in our community!
The Queen Anne’s County Community Partnerships for Children and Families, also known as our Local Management Board (LMB), has partnered with the Area Agency on Aging and the Queen Anne's County Library to launch the QAC Free Laptop Program. This initiative, supported by funding from the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development, aims to promote digital equity and inclusion by providing 2,000 Chromebook laptops to eligible households. The program seeks to address the technology access barriers faced by households with limited financial resources.
Starting June 1, 2023, the QAC Free Laptop Program will provide new HP Chromebook 14 G7 or equivalent devices to eligible households in Queen Anne's County on a first come first basis until all 2,000 laptops have been distributed.
There are three ways to submit your application and required documents:
- (Recommended) Visit our website at www.QACFreeLaptop.com and complete the online application. Use your phone to upload pictures of the required documents within the application portal.
- Call our program hotline at 410-758-0848 (x2704), where a dedicated representative is available to assist with the application process. Take a picture of the required documents and email a copy to email@example.com.
- Download a printed copy of the application and submit a hard copy along with pictures of the required documents to Queen Anne’s County Department of Community Services via one of the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 410-758-6904
- Mail: 104 Powell Street, Centreville, MD 21617
Please note that when submitting your application and/or documents via email, fax, or mail, it is crucial that you provide your full name, email address, home address, and phone number exactly as they are stated on your application. This is necessary for verification purposes. Incomplete applications, or those that cannot be matched to a set of document photos, will be considered invalid and will result in disqualification from the QAC Free Laptop Program.
To be eligible, households must have an income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Households that qualify can only receive one device per address. Applicant must provide proof of income and residency in Queen Anne’s County to qualify. Proof of income can be one of the following:
- (Recommended Method) Proof of current enrollment in an income-based government assistance program
- Enrollment in the federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
- Salary Documentation (e.g., tax returns, pay stubs, benefit letter)
If approved for a computer, the QAC Local Management Board (LMB) will reach out with instructions on how to schedule your pick-up at the Centreville, Stevensville, or Mobile Library locations.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to receive a free Chromebook laptop and stay connected. For more information, please visit our website, www.QACFreeLaptop.com , or contact us at 410-758-0848 (x2704). Apply today!