The November 24th meeting started at 4:30 pm with a Closed Session to discuss Boards & Commissions.
The regular meeting convened at 5:35pm Commissioner Moran announced the following Board and Commission Appointments:
A. County Commissioners - President Chris Corchiarino and Vice President Phil Dumenil commencing on December 8 for a one-year term.
B. County Attorney – Patrick Thompson for a one-year term.
C. Commission on Aging Board Appointment – Toni Breeding, Richard Cooper and Bonnie Walter for a 4-year term to begin January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2024 and Jessica Denny, Michael Phillips, terms to expire December 31, 2022, and Janet Salazar, term to expire December 31, 2024.
D. Animal Control Appointment – Tom Gannon, term will begin January 1, 2021 and end December 31, 2025.
E. Blue Heron Golf Course Advisory Committee Appointment – Summer Larrimore and Jim Riggins the term would begin immediately and end June 30, 2022.
F. Board of Appeals Appointment – Howard Dean the term is for a three-year term to begin January 1, 2021 and end December 31, 2023.
G. EDC Appointment – Kathy Deoudes the term begins on begin January 1, 2021 and expires December 31, 2023.
H. Employee Awards Committee Appointment – Joseph Tvelia the term begins January 1, 2021 and end December 31, 2022.
I. Ethics Commission Appointment – Matt Baxter & Jerry Jordan the term begins January 1, 2021 and ends December 31, 2025.
J. KNDF Appointment – Jason Tuel, Sheryl Jaros and Patricia Worns the term begins January 1, 2021 and end December 31, 2023.
K. PRAB Appointment - Paul Lombardo, Matthew Tuma, Phil Starkey, Leigh Darrell Dillon the term begins January 1, 2021 and expires December 31, 2024.
L. Planning Commission Appointment - Kathy Deoudes the term will begin January 1, 2021 and end December 31, 2025.
M. Plumbing & HVAC Board Appointment - Mike Bozek and Mike Sipes the term begins on January 1, 2021 and expires December 31, 2023.
1. Subordination Agreements for Revolving Loans –Resolution 20-46 allows the President of the Board to sign private subordination agreements on behalf of the Board. – APPROVED 5-0
2. Federal Transit Administration CARES Act Grant Agreements – This is a request to accept the MDOT MTA/FTA CARES Act Grant Agreements to certify that the Queen Anne’s County Department of Community Services Area Agency on Aging will operate the Public Transit System and accept the awards as offered by the State for FY2020. -APPROVED 5-0
3.Parks & Recreation Capital Project – Church Hill & Round Top Parks – This is a request from Parks and Recreation to authorize the Department of Parks & Recreation to contract with ATC Corp., using DPW’s pre-established contract, to stripe Church Hill basketball courts and to stripe and provide new hardware for Round Top tennis courts in the amount of $23,283.50. -APPROVED 5-0
4.Parks & Recreation Capital Project – Old Love Point & Pinkney Parks - This is a request to authorize the Department of Parks & Recreation to contract with CONTECH INC. using the Maryland National Capital Parks and Planning pre-established contract, to stripe and install new backboards, rims and necessary hardware for Old Love Point Park and Pinkney Park basketball courts in the amount of $33,597.20. - APPROVED 5-0
5.FY21 Parks & Recreation Porta John Bids - This is a request to authorize the Department of Parks and Recreation to award the portable toilet bid to Pierson’s Comfort Group in the amount of $59,199.00 for each of the next two (2) years. -APPROVED 5-0
6.Commercial Real Property Tax Credit Request – Kent Narrows Enterprises, LLC - This is a request for a commercial real property tax credit for the project known as Kent Narrows Hyatt Place owned by Kent Narrows Enterprises, LLC. This Commercial Real Property Tax Credit for the Hyatt Place Hotel Project is based on the following: (1) The project is proposing to create thirty (30) new full-time jobs within thirty-six (36) months of completion and, (2) has an estimated construction cost of $20.3 Million. The estimated value of the credit over five years is $343,923. -APPROVED 5-0
7. Commercial Real Property Tax Credit Request – Kent Narrows Marine, LLC - This is a request for a Commercial Real Property Tax Credit for the Kent Narrows Boatel project located at 100 Piney Narrows Road Chester, MD owned by Kent Narrows Marine, LLC. This Commercial Real Property Tax Credit is based on the following: (1) the creation of three (3) full-time jobs for a total of seven (7) full-time jobs within thirty-six (36) months of completion along with twelve (12) total part-time jobs. In addition, the 10 rental units will each create a minimum of 1 new full-time job for each unit. The Project has an estimated construction cost of $6.5 Million. The estimated value of the credit over five years is $110,123. -APPROVED 5-0
8. NACo County Membership Dues – This is a request to pay our annual 2021 NACo membership in the amount of $896. -APPROVED 5-0
9. Budget Amendment CC-21 – DES Warehouse - This amendment will establish additional budget authority of $500,000 for a storage building for the Department of Emergency Services. The additional $500,000 is being funded from CARES ACT Funding. -APPROVED 5-0
10. Budget Amendment CC-22 – Aux 911 Call Ctr – Old Courthouse This amendment will establish budget authority in the amount of $375,000 to create an auxiliary 911 call center in the basement of the old courthouse. This is being funded from CARES ACT Funding. -APPROVED 5-0
11. Budget Amendment CC-39 – COVID-19 The County received funding through COVID Grants for FY20. This amendment is to properly allocate funding between Departments to associated costs incurred. -APPROVED 5-0
INFORMATIONAL ITEMS Item #
1. FY21 Dept of Parks & Recreation Fireworks – Scheduled for July 4, 2021
2. Changes to Tolls
3. BRIDGE Funding for the Kent Narrows Way South Hyatt Place Hotel and Conference Center Project
4. Proposed FY22 Budget and Dues & Assessments
5. Planning & Zoning Monthly Department Report – October 2020
6. QAC Ethics Commission 2019 Annual Report
PRESENTATIONS Item #
I. National Nurse Practitioner Week Proclamation
II. 20th Anniversary of QAC Character Counts! Proclamation
III. Small Business Saturday Proclamation
IV. BOE Capital Improvement Program
If you would like to watch the meeting it can be viewed on You Tube https://youtu.be/Vxm4gPgrjsA