Queen Anne’s County Board of Elections Needs Your Help
Queen Anne’s County Board of Elections presented this week at the County Commissioner Meeting, they are still searching for residents to be election judges.
An election judge plays a very important role in the election process. Election judges work as a team to ensure a fair and accessible election. The Board of Elections provides training prior to Election Day for all judges and they are compensated.
To be an election judge you must be:
- Age 16 or older (under 18 needs a parent or guardian permission)
- A registered voter in Maryland
- Physically and mentally able to work at least a 15-hour day
- Willing to work outside your home precinct
- Able to sit and or stand for an extended period
- Able to speak, read and write English
People that are ineligible to be an election judge:
- Candidate or currently hold a public or political office, including State and county political party central committees
- Chairman, campaign manager or treasurer for a political or candidate committee
The board of elections is also following all CDC Guidelines for sanitation and social distancing to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
To apply to be an election judge for Queen Anne’s County and learn more visit the Board of Election on Facebook @QACElections or online at qacelections.com