The October 22nd regular meeting started at 5:00 p.m. with a closed session for personnel.
The Regular meeting was called to order at 5:30 p.m.
A. The Sheriff’s request to convert a part time Evidence Manager to a full-time Evidence Manager position was approved.
B. The appointment of a new Economic & Tourism Development Director was approved subject to normal employment background screenings. An official announcement of the candidate will be forthcoming.
1. 2021 Budget Calendar & Guidelines – This is a memo and schedule for the preparation of the County FY 2021 Operating and Capital Budget. -APPROVED
2. MACo - 2020 Legislative Committee Nominations – This is the Member & Alternate request for designation at the upcoming 2020 General Assembly – Motion for Jack Wilson to serve as 2020 Member and Jim Moran to serve as 2020 Alternate. -APPROVED
3. Budget Amendment CC-9 – This is for a $12,000 grant to be used for School bus safety and School zone speed enforcement for the Office of the Sheriff. -APPROVED
4. Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) Operating Grant Agreement – This is the annual Operating grant packet to certify that the Queen Anne’s County Department of Community Services Area Agency on Aging will operate the Public Transit System and accept the awards as offered by the State for FY 2020. -APPROVED
5. Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) Capital Grant Agreement – This is the annual Capital grant packet to certify that the Queen Anne’s County Department of Community Services Area Agency on Aging will operate the Public Transit System and accept the awards as offered by the State for FY 2020. -APPROVED
6. Desk Item – Chesapeake Bay Environmental Center Letter of Support – This is a support letter for CBEC’s request to the State for a $250,000 operating grant. The County will commit an additional $50,000 as a local share for this grant. -APPROVED
7. Desk Item – Compass Regional Hospice Letter of Support – This is a support letter for Hospice’s request for a state capital grant of 750,000. -APPROVED
1. DNR – Fishing & Boating Services Notice
2. Permit to Appropriate & Use Waters of the State notice
3. QAC Traffic Survey Results from local Businesses - Presented by Economic Development Manager Jean Fabi
4. Sudlersville Memorial Library Thank-you Letter
5. Aspen Institute propose to convey 2 perpetual conservation easements
I. Character Counts! – November – Citizenship - Ms. Kelly Huber
II. Comprehensive Plan Update – Director Mike Wisnosky
III. Shore Health Update – Mr. Ken Kozell, CEO Maryland Shore Regional Health
IV. RES 19-44 CDBG Grant QAC Housing Study – Mike Clark, Chief of Hosing & Family Services -APPROVED 5-0
Available to be voted on
County Ordinance 19-15 - the Prohibition of the Use of Shipping Containers as Accessory Structures in Queen Anne’s County -APPROVED 5-0