COUNTY COMMISSIONERS SCHEDULE TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2021
To comply with the Governor’s proclamation declaring a state of emergency in Maryland, to minimize the person-to-person spread of COVID-19, we encourage that citizens stay home and watch the County Commissioner’s meeting live on our QAC Website at qac.org/live or on QACTV’s Television channel on Atlantic Broadband cable (channel 7 or in HD 507).
To maintain social distancing, seating will be limited. If you have any respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath, please refrain from attending the meeting and notify a healthcare provider. We will be screening all meeting participants prior to entering the building.
5:15 p.m. Under Section 3-305(b) (1) of the General Prevision Article
“Boards & Commissions”
Call to Order
5:30 p.m. Call to Order,
Pledge of Allegiance,
Moment of Silence,
Approval of Agenda
Accept County Commissioners’ Minutes
- Regular Minutes – February 9, 2021
- Closed Session – February 9, 2021
Press and Public Comments**
5:45 p.m. Mr. Todd R. Mohn, PE, County Administrator
“Presentation of Documents for Signatures and Weekly Correspondence” Action
1. Letter – Chesapeake Bay Bridge Contraflow
2. MHAA Grant Application for Dudley’s
3. MHAA Grant Application for the Sudlersville Train Station Museum & Educational Center
4. NF&WG – Cloverfields Drainage & Watershed Stewards Academy
5. Sudlersville Water & Wastewater Operations Agreement
6. Request to release a portion of a Forest Conservation Easement
7. Merrick Farm – Termination of Open Space & Forest Conservation Easements
8. QACPS Teacher of the Year - 18th Annual Awards
9. Approval of Estimate of operating expenses for mosquito control in QAC
10. Budget Amendment CC-27 – MAHT Special Loans/Grants Program
11. Budget Amendment CC-28 – General Fund – Economic Development
12. FY21 Budget Calendar
6:00 p.m. Public Hearing
Comprehensive Water & Sewerage Plan
- Kopec Properties
- Town of Barclay
6:10 p.m. Public Hearing
Mutual Aid Agreement
6:20 p.m. Mr. Bill Faust, FEC Chairman
6:35 p.m. Press and Public Comments**
6:40 p.m. Commissioner’s Roundtable
* Please note that Schedule times are subject to change, except for public hearings.
PUBLIC COMMENT SIGN-IN SHEET WILL BE AVAILABLE 1 HOUR PRIOR TO THE MEETING.
** Press and Public Comments at the beginning of the meeting will last 15 minutes. Additional time will be available at the end of the meeting for anyone wishing to speak. Comments are limited to 3 minutes in length. Comments longer than 3 minutes must be submitted in writing. PUBLIC COMMENT SIGN-IN SHEET WILL BE AVAILABLE 1 HOUR PRIOR TO THE MEETING.
*** Part of the meeting may be closed to the Public in accordance to the Open Meetings Act procedures.
****Agendas will be posted by 4:30 pm the Friday prior to the meeting. The meeting attachments will be posted on the agenda by 4:30 pm the Monday prior to the meeting.
Three or more of the County Commissioners may be attending the following events in the next few weeks: January-March MACo Legislative Hearings