Today’s art deco theater was designed and built at the foot of Walnut Street as a town hall in 1929. Elwood Coleman planned its use for meetings and community gatherings. The building was the site of graduations and card parties before motion picture equipment was installed in 1935. Read more about the Church Hill Theatre.
Jimmy Foxx Memorial Statue
In 1997, the Sudlersville Community Betterment Club erected this life-size bronze statue of Baseball Hall of Fame member Jimmy Foxx. Foxx was born in Sudlersville in 1907 and got his start playing ball in Easton. The Jimmy Foxx Memorial Statue, which joined a stone memorial dedicated in 1987, serves not only as a remembrance to one of baseball’s all-time great players, but also is a symbol of the love for the game on the eastern shore.
Old Stevensville Post Office
This late 19th century structure situated gable end to the street on a very narrow lot, this small frame building served for many years as the Stevensville Post Office. Currently it serves as the headquarters and gift shop for the Kent Island Heritage Society. Tours are available by request and the post office is open the 1st Saturday of each month May through October from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Stevensville Bank Building
The first banking enterprise on the island came in 1903, with the formation of The Stevensville Bank of Queen Anne’s County. The bank building was constructed sometime between 1903 and 1907. It is the oldest bank building on Kent Island and one of the earliest surviving in the county. The classical architectural details on the façade of this restored stucco building, combined with its pressed tin ceiling and intact furnishings and vault, helped place it on the National Register of Historic Places.
Stevensville Train Depot
This train station was built in 1902, when the Queen Anne’s County Railroad Company extended its western terminus 13 miles from Queenstown to Love Point. A connection was then made at Love Point with steamboats for transport across the Chesapeake Bay. Read about the Stevensville Train Depot.
Sudlersville Train Station Museum - Circa 1885
The Sudlersville Train Station has been preserved as a museum devoted to the history of railroad, Sudlersville and Baseball Hall of Famer, Jimmy Foxx and is the only station in the county in its original location. Tours are available by request on the 1st Saturday of each month from May through October, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. To read more on Queen Anne's County history please visit Kent Island Heritage Society Read more about Kent Island Heritage Society .