|Industry||Establishments||Annual Avg. Empl.||Emp. %|
|Natural Resources and Mining||28||319||2.3|
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||345||3,619||25.6|
|Professional and Business Services||240||1,065||7.5|
|Education and Health Services||102||963||6.8|
|Leisure and Hospitality||123||2,538||18|
|Total (civilian employment only)||1,440||14,138||100|
- The largest business sectors for employment in the County are:
- Trade, Transportation and Utilities (25.6%)
- Leisure and Hospitality (18.0%)
- Government (17.8%)
- Construction (7.6%)
- Professional and Business Services (7.5%)
- Manufacturing (7.3%)
- Queen Anne's County employment growth is trending towards the advanced manufacturing, agriculture tourism, healthcare, and hospitality sectors.
- The average salary for manufacturing jobs in Queen Anne's County is $45,708 which is 28% higher than the average salary for all jobs in the County.
- In FY 2016 Queen Anne's County facilitated the location or expansion of nine businesses that are expected to generate a total capital investment of nearly $50 million and 117 new full-time jobs and that will bring total full-time employment at the businesses to 277 associates.
|Employer||Product / Service||Employment|
|Chesapeake College||Higher Education||756|
|S.E.W. Friel||Food Processing||275|
|PRS Guitars||HQ and Custom Guitars||236|
|REEB Millwork||Doors and Windows||180|
|AZZ Corporation||Industrial Control Panels||162|
|Federal Resources Supply||HQ and First Response Hazards Kits||146|
|Tidewater Direct||Commercial Printing||144|
|Corsica Hills Center||Nursing Care||134|
|Chesterwye Center||Services for the Disabled||100|
|Queenstown Bank||Banking Services||82|
|Crossroads Community||Mental Health Services||76|
|Bayside Physical Therapy||Physical Therapy||74|
|Compass Regional Hospice||Medical Care Services||66|
|NRL and Associates||Metal Machining and Fabrication||63|
|Miltec UV||Ultraviolet Products||60|
|United Shellfish||Frozen Seafood Processing||60|
|Harbor Sales||Specialty Wood Products||56|
|UM Wye Research Center||Agriculture Research||52|
|CNB||HQ and Banking Services||51|
Agriculture is Queen Anne's County's number one revenue generating industry and the County is Maryland's top producer of corn, wheat and soybeans. In recent years Queen Anne's County has been acclaimed for its locally produced wines and spirits which represent a rapidly growing AgTourism sector in the county.
Queen Anne's County wineries and distilleries such as Cascia Vineyards, Cassinelli Winery, Clovelly Vineyards, Salisa Vineyards, Tilmon's Island Winery and BlackWater Distilling, which manufacture Sloop Betty Vodka and Picaroon Rum, draw thousands of visitors from Maryland, D.C., Virginia, Delaware and Pennsylvania.
- Tourism is a major part of the Queen Anne's County economy and the Kent Narrows is the tourism hub for activity.
- The Kent Narrows waterfront area is a $79 million annual economic impact to the Queen Anne's County economy. It is home to:
- 64 businesses
- 900 jobs
- 1,500 boat slips, 150 commercial waterman slips, 9 marinas, 8 restaurants and 4 hotels
- The Kent Narrows if one of the most active, popular and exciting areas on the Eastern Shore in the spring, summer and fall.
- Queen Anne's County has become one of the leading wedding destinations on the East Coast.
- The wedding season, which runs from April to November, is a major economic driver for the County.
- The boutique hotel the Inn at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club opened in November 2015 and the Hyatt Place Hotel and Conference Center at the Kent Narrows is expected to open in 2017.