Services > Public Works > Recycling > Household Hazardous Waste / eCycle Day
Let us know if you would like to be notified of future events here.
Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Recycling Events are currently held twice yearly by the Maryland Environmental Service (MES). The events rotate throughout the four counties in the Midshore Area (Caroline, Kent, Queen Anne's and Talbot). Additional information regarding the events can be obtained by contacting MES at 800-473-2925. The next event to be held in Queen Anne's County will be in the Spring of 2016.
Spring 2015 - Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Recycling Event to be held in Kent County at the Nicholson Drop-Off Center in Chestertown on Saturday, April 18, 20145 from 8 AM - 2 PM. Click Here for the Press Release from the Maryland Environmental Service.
Permanent Computer Recycling Locations:
Queen Anne's County - 410-758-2697
- Batts Neck Transfer Station, 422 Batts Neck Rd, Stevensville (Wed, Fri, Sat, 8-4)
- Centreville Transfer Station, 401 Harper Rd, Centreville (Mon, Wed, Sat, 8-4)
- Grasonville Transfer Station, 401 Gravel Run Rd, Grasonville (Tues, Thurs, Sat, 8-4)
General E-Cycling Information:
- Typical monitors & televisions have 4 pounds of lead
- Lead & other toxic and valuable metals can be recovered and reused
- These bulky items with toxic materials can be kept out of the landfill
- Contact local organizations and thrift shops that specialize in used items, etc.
- Consider having a yard sale
- See reuse listings at www.freecycle.org and www.craigslist.org and other options.
Queen Anne's County
Maryland Environmental Service
(Serving Caroline, Kent, Queen Anne's
and Talbot Counties)
259 Najoles Rd.
Millersville, MD 21108
Recycling Coordinator: Rick Turnbell
Midshore Regional Solid Waste Facility II (Midshore II)
Operated by Maryland Environmental Service (MES)
12236 River Rd
Ridgely, MD 21660
MD Dept of the Environment Recycling Information