Services > Housing and Community Services > Critical Workforce Program
Critical Workforce Program
The Department of Housing and Community Services will offer second mortgage financing to first-time homebuyers who meet the Program guidelines. The purpose of the program is to ensure that the county continues to have an adequate supply of workers in local jobs that are critical to the safety and well being of our county residents. The loan cannot exceed 33% of the total purchase price or the appraised value of the home and property whichever is less.
At least one of the borrowers must fall into one or more of the following categories:
Housing Choice Voucher/ Family Self-Sufficiency Program participant
- Teacher employed full time in Queen Anne's County.
- Law enforcement officers, including correctional officers, employed full time in Queen Anne's County by County or Municipal Government.
- Emergency Medical Technician employed full time in Queen Anne's County.
- An active member of a Queen Anne's County Volunteer Fire Company for the past 12 months. This includes both firefighters and Emergency Medical Technicians. The President of the County Volunteer Chief's Association must certify eligibility for this category.
- Queen Anne's County Emergency Dispatchers.
- FSS participants are also eligible for the CWF loan.
For a complete program description please click on the link below:
Guidelines: CWF Program_2014.pdf
Monthly Spending Plan Worksheet.pdf
For additional information please contact Candice Darling at (410) 758-3977 x 2070