More information concerning floodplain management, hazard mapping, insurance and protection is available through the following resources:
- FEMA Flood Map Service Center - Official Flood Maps- The FEMA Flood Map Service Center (MSC) is the official public source for flood hazard information produced in support of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Use the MSC to find your official flood map, access a range of other flood hazard products, and take advantage of tools for better understanding flood risk.
- DFIRM Outreach Program - Guides citizens and communities through the process of determining their current and future flood risks
- Flood Smart - The official site of the National Flood Insurance Program, managed by FEMA
- Ready.gov - Provides helpful information on what to do before, during and after a flood
- Association of State Floodplain Managers - Professional Organization for flood plain managers which contains useful information and current events affecting outreach and legislation.
- QAC Property Viewer - Mapping tool that allows user to zoom into a property. At the top of the screen click on "I want to ..." and pick search criteria. To see floodplain for property click on "Layers" icon (bottom of screen), in Layers list check Environmental, then Floodplain.
- Homeowner's Guide to Elevation Certificates- Elevation Certificate Fact Sheet
- Queen Anne's County - Department of Emergency Services
- Queen Anne's County Chamber of Commerce
Please email John Kling, CFM or call 410 758-0925, ext. 4168 for questions.