Queen Anne's County Economic Development (QACED)
QACED assists businesses with site and building selection, financing, incentives, planning and development, permitting, workforce development and training, research and many other areas that help support business development activities. QACED's staff also works closely with state and federal agencies that offer additional incentive programs, employee recruitment assistance, training reimbursements and technical assistance.
Queen Anne's County Economic Development Commission (EDC)
The Queen Anne's County Economic Development Commission (EDC) is an 11 member Board appointed by the County Commissioners to confer and advise them on all matters concerning economic development in the County. This Commission also reviews Revolving Loan Fund requests and makes recommendations to the County Commissioners on fee waiver requests for development review. The Economic Development Commission, recognizing the critical need for quality employment opportunities and to increase in the commercial tax base, has produced a 10-Year Economic Development Strategic Plan.
The EDC meets regularly once a month at:
Chesapeake Heritage and Visitors' Center
425 Piney Narrows Road
Chester, MD 21619
For more information and monthly meeting dates, please call 410- 604-2100.
Queen Anne's County Economic Development Incentive Fund Commission (EDIFC)
The Queen Anne's County Economic Development Incentive Fund Commission (EDIFC) is a 5 member Board appointed by the County Commissioners to:
- Develop attainable goals and objectives for use of the Economic Development Incentive Funds that will incentivize existing Queen Anne's County businesses to expand within the county,
- Identify program options and economically viable alternatives consistent with said goals and objectives,
- Develop policies, procedures, processes and applications to implement and approve programs and alternatives,
- Market the incentive fund options to the public and potential business entities and
- Accept, review and approve project applications that are received.
The EDIFC meets once a month at:
County Commissioner Hearing Room 017
North Liberty Street
Centreville MD 21617
For more information and monthly meeting dates, please call 410-604-2100.